How to Use a Netgear Firewall
- 1). Find your router's Internet protocol address by looking on the bottom side of the device. The IP address shows as a group of four numbers between 0 and 255 separated by dots.
- 2). Turn on your computer and open up your browser.
- 3). Write the IP address you found on the address bar in your browser and press "Enter" on your keyboard.
- 4). Write "admin" as the user name and "password" as the password on the prompt asking you for authentication.
- 5). Go to "Firewall Rules" on the left side navigation area.
- 6). Click "Add" to add a service, write the name of the service, the IP address of the computer using the service, and choose whether the firewall should allow the service to transmit or receive packets.