How to Prepare a Freeze Dried Food Can in a Mountain House
- 1). Open a can of freeze-dried food and empty the contents into a saucepan.
- 2). Boil 1 1/2 cups of water for each can of freeze-dried food you plan to prepare. Boil extra water to allow for evaporation and any spillage.
- 3). Add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water to the saucepan containing one can of freeze-dried food. Double the water if preparing two cans of the same food.
- 4). Let the mixture set for 10 minutes so the food can rehydrate.
- 5). Stir thoroughly, season to taste and eat.