One Perfect Diet food? Try Seven!
Unfortunately such one perfect food does not exist. However, there are diet foods that are readily available which could help you shed off pounds and keep it off. Below are top 7 diet foods that are all healthy and when taken regularly will help you lose those unwanted extra weight:
1. Fish - it is high in protein but low in fat and calories. Furthermore, unlike other protein source it has omega 3 fatty acids that are good for the heart. Eating fish instead of other types of meat will save you a lot of calories.
2. Whole grain bread - it is higher in fiber, vitamins, and amino acid content than white toast and it will also make you feel fuller longer.
3. Olive oil - it is a good source of healthy fat that your body still needs even if you are on a healthy diet. Unlike other fat source, olive oil is rich in flavonoids, beta carotene, antioxidants, vitamin E, and other essential nutrients.
4. Spinach - it is low in calories but contains a lot of nutrients such as beta carotene, manganese, folic acid, lutein, magnesium, and vitamins C and K. It is one of the best side dish alternatives as it could be eaten raw as a salad, steamed or sauted.
5. Hot pepper - apart from bringing needed spice to bland food, it also speeds up your metabolism, thus, helping you burn more calories faster.
6. Apple - it contains pectin that provides that "full" feeling and limits the cells ability to absorb fat.
7. Pink grapefruit - it is low in calories but rich in vitamin C, pectin, beta carotene, potassium, and lycopene. It keeps you feeling full and it is very versatile.
Although the foods mentioned are good for weight loss, each one should not be taken exclusively. You still need to learn how to prepare a balanced diet from the different food groups that will primarily help you to further improve your health.