How to Replace the Rear ABS Sensor on a 1999 Dodge Pickup
- 1). Rotate the ignition to the "OFF" position and depress the parking brake. Place wheel chocks behind the rear wheels.
- 2). Crawl underneath the rear end of the vehicle and locate the ABS sensor on the back side of the rear differential. It is made from black rubberized plastic and has a wire connected to it that runs along the passenger side axle tube.
- 3). Disconnect the ABS sensor's electrical connector and remove the 10 mm bolt securing it to the differential using a 10 mm box-end wrench. Remove the sensor from the differential using a twisting/pulling motion.
- 4). Install the new sensor into the differential using a twisting/pushing motion and replace the sensor's 10 mm retaining bolt.
- 5). Remove the wheel chocks and operate the vehicle as normal.