How To Adjust Headlights in a 2005 Scion xB
- 1). Park your 2005 Scion xB directly in front of a garage door or other flat, vertical surface.
- 2). Measure the height from the ground to the center of the headlights. Place a strip of tape on the wall at this height in front of each headlight assembly.
- 3). Place a strip of tape on the wall directly opposite the vertical center of each headlight. This creates a cross shape on the wall that will be used as a target for aiming your headlights.
- 4). Measure 25 feet away from the wall. Place tape at that point on the ground. Back up your 2005 Scion xB until the headlights align directly above the tape on the ground. Turn on your headlights and prop open the hood.
- 5). Locate the adjustment screw on top of the headlight and the one on the rear of the headlight. Turn these screws with your screwdriver to aim the headlight beams. Aim the beams so that the high intensity area of the beam hits 2 inches below and to the right of their corresponding tape cross mark on the wall. This ensures that the beam hits the road and oncoming drivers.