How to Replace a Beetle Headlight Bulb
- 1). Park your Beetle on a level surface and apply the parking brake. Then take the key out of the ignition and set it aside.
- 2). Open the hood of your Beetle. Make sure to support it securely with a metal rod.
- 3). Locate the headlight assembly in the front of the engine and under the hood. The headlight assembly is an eight-inch-wide black plastic box.
- 4). Detach the headlight assembly from the car by opening the clip on the metal strap that surrounds it. Then push the handle on the top of the assembly down to unlock it and free it from the car. Note that the system of loosening and freeing the headlight assembly slightly differs depending on the car model.
- 5). Disconnect the wires from the back of the headlight assembly.
- 6). Take off the plastic cap of the assembly to access the headlight bulbs.
- 7). Remove the old headlight bulb by unplugging the clips on the side that connects it to the headlight assembly. Carefully put it aside and dispose of it responsibly. If you are having trouble with the retaining clip, use a flat-head screwdriver to help detach it.
- 8). Place the new headlight bulb in the same place as the old one. Hook the wires from the new bulb to the assembly and put it all back into the car.
- 9). Reattach the headlight assembly to the car by reversing steps 4 to 6.
Close the hood and turn on the ignition to check if your new headlight bulbs are working.