How to Remove an Automatic Update Message
- 1). Right-click the Windows taskbar and click "Properties." This opens a small window on your screen.
- 2). Click the "Taskbar" tab. This loads configuration options related to your taskbar.
- 3). Click the "Customize..." button within the Notification Area section. This opens a large window on your screen. This window displays which icons and messages appear in the taskbar's notification area.
- 4). Click in the drop-down menu next to "Windows Update." This populates three options.
- 5). Click the "Hide Icon and Notifications" option and then click the "OK" button at the bottom. This takes you back to the previous window. Click the "OK" button at the bottom to close. Windows will no longer display messages related to Automatic Update.